The ACAP Quality Management System is certified by the ISO 9001:2008 Standards, an internationally recognised norm which guarantees that there is a quality management system in place centred on assuring the quality of the internal and external processes rolled out by the Agency as well as the satisfaction of all interest groups.
The IQMS is aligned with the "Quality Assurance Criteria and Directives of the European Higher Education Area" of the European Association for Quality Assurance in Higher Education.
On 23 July 2010, the ACAP obtained ISO 9001:2008 certification for its IQMS, with the following scope:
- Designing and application of assessment, certification and accreditation systems for institutions, programmes and individuals
- Development of studies and projects
- Designing of informative and educational actions and their implementation
The system’s implementation guarantees that the Agency will apply basic principles of quality management in our daily tasks of planning, measurement, result analysis and review in order to incorporate proposals for improvement. All these principles are orientated towards transparency, interest group satisfaction, and accountability.
The IQMS that has been designed consists of the following:
- A Quality Policy that includes the definition of our mission, and the establishment of quality values, objectives and commitments.
- A Quality Manual that defines all the processes needed to suitably carry out the quality policy and attain the established objectives.
- Process map
- The definition of mechanisms to measure, assess and revise the results obtained, with the aim of continuous improvement.